Bodwéwadmi Ktëgan is a farm owned by the Forest County Potawatomi. The farm’s mission is to provide a natural, sustainable source of vegetables, fruits, greens, fish and animal proteins to the tribal community. All products are available to the tribal community and general public.
In spring 2017, the Bodwéwadmi Ktëgan (Potawatomi Farm) started at the former red deer ranch in Blackwell, WI. The mission is to provide a natural, sustainable source of vegetables, fruits, greens, fish and animal proteins to the tribal community. To accomplish this, we have:
- Built 6 high tunnels, which let us start growing sooner and keep harvesting later than we usually could in our northern climate.
- Planted an orchard containing apple, pear, and plum trees
- Brought in pigs, beef cattle and bison
- Brought in chickens, which are housed in a coop, so we can move them to different areas to eat insect pests and fertilize the soil.
- Built an aquaponic facility to provide lettuce and other vegetables year round.
- Planted raspberries, blueberries, and honeyberries
- Brought in honeybees to pollinate our crops and provide honey
Our expansion plans are always growing.
3389 County Highway H
Laona, WI 54541
Open to the public
Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
Open Saturdays, June – Dec from 8am – 4pm
Guided farm walking tours are available every Wed @ 1pm sharp.
- Farm Manager, Dave Cronauer 715-889-0017
- Assistant Farm Manager, Joe Shepard 715-889-2836
- Senior Farm Technician, Shawn Milligan
- Farm Technician, Dave Peters
- Land & Natural Resources Division Administrator: Frank Shepard Jr.
- Farm Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Melinda Carroll
- Aquaponics Technician – Stephanie Rosio
- Food Preservation & Production Specialist: Wenona Siggelkow
- Seasonal Farm Apprentice: Theran Ahtone
- Farm Store Clerk: Cindy Pemkiewicz
We’re Growing! Some products & services we’re working on for you include:
- Cooking Classes
- Gardening Classes
Our Bison and Cattle are completely grass fed and Pigs and Chickens are all naturally raised.
All of our animals are on a rotational grazing program and get fresh grass every day!
Where Are Farm Products Available For Purchase?
- Call 715-478-4545 to order and pick up at the Farm.
- Both C-Stores carry Farm products. Items change based on season and availability.